Denis Guzilov focuses on supporting international mergers and acquisitions involving Russian and foreign companies. He also has extensive experience in assisting with transactions related to information technologies, intellectual property and protection of personal data. Denis advises Russian and international companies on various regulatory matters, including foreign investment and merger control regimes.
Denis is a qualified Russian lawyer.
Denis' key projects include:
• Representing Russia's largest gas processing and petrochemicals company, in the sale of a strategic, 10% stake in a major global petrochemical corporation and one of the largest integrated energy and chemical company in China, and related shareholding arrangements;
• Representing the Russian largest producer of rolling-stock wagons on a variety of M&A, corporate, regulatory and procurement projects;
• Representing the Russian large industrial group in its acquisition of a 50%+1 share in one of the leading Russian underground subway construction groups and the largest underground subway and tunnel contractor in Moscow, and its related shareholders arrangements with the sellers;
• Representing a Finnish-headquartered pharmaceutical retail and wholesale company, in the sale of its Russian pharmaceutical business to the Russian pharmacy chain;
• Representing the Russian large industrial group in its acquisition of a minority interest in one of the leading Russian railway transportation companies for crude oil and petroleum products, and related shareholders arrangements with the sellers;
• Representing the Russian large rail stock service and repair company, in its acquisition of 75%-less-two shares in a leading Russian locomotive repair company acquired by means of public auction, its related shareholders arrangements with the sellers, as well as negotiations of the five-year services agreement;
• Representing the Russian major oil company in connection with its acquisition of another Russian major oil company, making the acquirer the world's largest publicly-traded oil and gas producer;
• Representing the major global aircraft manufacturer in its joint venture with the Russian major aircraft manufacturer to engineer, manufacture, fit-out and market a new mid-range passenger aircraft;
• Representing the lead managers in connection with the Reg. S offering of loan participation notes by one of the leading Russian providers of consumer banking services in the Russian Federation specializing primarily in credit card loans and retail deposits;
• Representing one of Russia’s largest food retailers in its rights offering and accelerated bookbuilt placement of ordinary shares;
• Representing the leading global private investment fund in its proposed acquisition of 50% of one of Russia’s largest pharmaceutical distributors;
• Representing the state-owned Russian airplane leasing company in its restructuring;
• Representing global pharmaceutical company in the acquisition of the multi-specialty health care company resulting in creation of top 10 global pharmaceutical company by sales revenue;
• Representing the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances in the acquisition of a controlling stake in one of the leading European manufacturers and distributors of major domestic appliances;
• Representing a prominent U.S. producer of PVC and PVC products in connection with its contemplated acquisition of German producer of PVC and PVC products;
• Representing one of Russia’s leading social networking site operators and one of the largest Internet companies in the Russian-speaking Internet market in connection with its acquisition of one of the most popular Russian social networks;
• Representing one of the world’s largest publicly-traded oil producer in connection with its acquisition of one of the largest Russian oil companies;
• Representing the major global aircraft manufacturer in its joint venture with the Russian major aircraft manufacturer to engineer, manufacture, fit-out and market a new mid-range passenger aircraft in connection with obtaining of the first approval given under Russia’s law on foreign investment in strategic sectors;
• Routine advice regarding analysis of potentially restrictive anticompetitive arrangements; dawn raid assistance; assistance in FAS administrative proceedings;
• Advice under the Russian Foreign Strategic Investment Law.
Denis graduated from the International Law Faculty of MGIMO-University in 2005 (diploma with honors), in 2007 he received a Master's degree in European Law (LL.M.) at MGIMO-University (diploma with honors), in 2011 he received a Master's degree in Law (LL.M.) from Columbia University, USA and passed the qualification exams of the New York State Bar Association, USA.
Prior to establishing the VIK LEGAL team, Denis worked for a long time in the Moscow offices of several international law email@example.com